United Kingdom defence secretary concerned about Huawei's role in 5G networks upgrade

Share

Reuters reported on Thursday citing sources that the White House is mulling an executive order as early as January that would bar usa companies from using telecommunications equipment made by Huawei and ZTE, in the latest hit to China's two largest telecom equipment makers.

Australia, New Zealand and the U.S. have restricted use of Huawei technology in 5G mobile networks, and Mr Williamson said the United Kingdom would look at their example.

President Donald Trump may be ready to sign a new executive order. Most rural networks in the United States are using Huawei and ZTE telecom equipment, which is nearly four times cheaper than the competition.

Huawei, for its part, pledged that it would continue building competitiveness in creating 5G networks despite the crisis of confidence from the West and allegations that the tech company had been linked to the Chinese government.

Apple's High-End iPhones Will Be Produced in India
It is not known if any of the iPhone assembly is being moved from existing Foxconn factories in China and elsewhere. Complete details about Apple's deal with Foxconn are not yet clear.

Huawei will release an updated version of its Huawei P Smart device in 2019, as the company aims to maintain its place as the world's second largest smartphone manufacturer.

Driving the urgency of the United States campaign is the race to roll out 5G mobile networks next year, which China by all accounts is leading by a wide margin.

"This in reality is undoubtedly shutting oneself off, rather than being the door to openness, progress and fairness".

China's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Hua Chunying said that she did not want to comment on the order as it had not been officially confirmed.

NBC5 Forecast: Storms return after Christmas | Weather
After two days of "quiet weather ", Wednesday will bring more snow to the Cascades, which received a lot this past weekend. Winds will relax heading into Christmas Day , and temperatures will generally warm into the upper 30s to lower 40s.

Huawei and ZTE are both Chinese companies have that received ongoing scrutiny from the U.S. government over perceived security threats.

It would cost $800 million to $1 billion for all RWA members to replace their Huawei and ZTE equipment, Bennet said.

The names of the two companies will most likely be omitted in the order but, Commerce Department officials "would interpret it as authorization to limit the spread of equipment" made by Huawei and ZTE. At the time, Alpha CEO Dror Avishai said that suspicion that the economic powerhouse could use its infrastructure for cyber espionage or cyber warfare "hasn't been an issue" with Israelis interested in buying the products. Some of the companies also announced on their respective social media platforms that they will be increasing their purchase of the products from Huawei, such as the business management system of the company; in an attempt to further extend support.

President Trump blows it while taking calls from children about Santa
The Post and Courier identified Trump's 7-year-old caller as a girl from SC - one who had never heard the word "marginal" before. If you thought the government shutdown meant you could work in secrecy today (Dec. 24), Santa, think again.

Share